Yi in GUS
Basic. The phoneme mappings are largely guess values.
The work done needs to be reviewed by experts in Yi orthography.
- Reference Table
- Families & Forms View
- Yi in IPA
- Yi Data
- No IPA analysis nor mappings have been made at this time.
- The high tone form has defaulted for the class base, should the toneless form be the base?
- Does the writing system use the notion of syllabic forms (what are their names)?
- Is the "middle low" tone essentially toneless? That is, roughly equivalent to intonation in languages that do not define tones?
- Do "ur" and "yr" syllabic forms closed syllables?